Closely examine website scraping and data processing: the technique of extracting data from websites in a format suitable for further analysis. You’ll review which tools to use, and compare their features and efficiency. Focusing on BeautifulSoup4 and Scrapy, this concise, focused book highlights common problems and suggests solutions that readers can implement on their own.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a complete scraping application to use and rewrite to suit your needs. As a bonus, the author shows you options of how to deploy your spiders into the Cloud to leverage your computer from long-running scraping tasks.
What You’ll Learn
- Install and implement scraping tools individually and together
- Run spiders to crawl websites for data from the cloud
- Work with emulators and drivers to extract data from scripted sites
Who This Book Is For
Readers with some previous Python and software development experience, and an interest in website scraping.
- Authors:Gábor László Hajba
- Publication date:November 22, 2018
- Pages:223 pages