Create conversational UIs using cutting-edge frameworks
- Build AI chatbots and voicebots using practical and accessible toolkits
- Design and create voicebots that really shine in front of humans
- Work with familiar appliances like Alexa, Google Home, and FB Messenger
- Design for UI success across different industries and use cases
We are entering the age of conversational interfaces, where we will interact with AI bots using chat and voice. But how do we create a good conversation? How do we design and build voicebots and chatbots that can carry successful conversations in in the real world?
In this book, Rachel Batish introduces us to the world of conversational applications, bots and AI. You’ll discover how – with little technical knowledge – you can build successful and meaningful conversational UIs. You’ll find detailed guidance on how to build and deploy bots on the leading conversational platforms, including Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Facebook Messenger.
You’ll then learn key design aspects for building conversational UIs that will really succeed and shine in front of humans. You’ll discover how your AI bots can become part of a meaningful conversation with humans, using techniques such as persona shaping, and tone analysis.
For successful bots in the real world, you’ll explore important use-cases and examples where humans interact with bots. With examples across finance, travel, and e-commerce, you’ll see how you can create successful conversational UIs in any sector.
Expand your horizons further as Rachel shares with you her insights into cutting-edge voicebot and chatbot technologies, and how the future might unfold. Join in right now and start building successful, high impact bots!
What you will learn
- Build your own AI voicebots and chatbots
- Use familiar appliances like Alexa, Google Home, and Facebook Messenger
- Master the elements of conversational user interfaces
- Key design techniques to make your bots successful
- Use tone analysis to deepen UI conversation for humans
- Create voicebots and UIs designed for real-world situations
- Insightful case studies in finance, travel, and e-commerce
- Cutting-edge technology and insight into the future of AI bots
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Conversational UI is our Future
- How Not to Build Your Next Chat and Voicebots
- Building a Killer Conversational App
- Designing for Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Designing a Facebook Messenger Chatbot
- Contextual Design – Can We Make a Bot Feel More Human?
- Building Personalities – Your Bot Can Be a Better Human
- A View into Vertical-Specific Bots – Financial Institutions
- Travel and E-Commerce Bots – Use Cases and Implementation
- Conversational Design Project – A Step-By-Step Guide
- Authors:Rachel Batish
- Publisher:Packt Publishing
- Publication date:September 29, 2018
- Pages:296 pages