Enhance your virtualization skills by mastering storage and network virtualization with automation across different Clouds
- Migrate and build your applications in Hybrid Cloud with VMware Cross Cloud components and services
- Gain in-depth configuration insights of VMware Cross Cloud architecture
- Learn to migrate applications from VMware to AWS and IBM Cloud
Over the past two decades, VMware vSphere has been known as the most trusted and reliable virtualization platform. VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture shows you how to design and configure Cross Cloud Architecture by using VMware Cloud Foundation and vRealize Suite with various use cases across private, public, and hybrid Cloud. This book takes you through everything from a basic understanding of virtualization to advanced aspects of storage and network virtualization, clustering, automation, and management.
This book will be your guide to designing all aspects of Cloud.
We start with the challenges faced by a traditional data center, define problem statements for you, and then brief you on respective solutions. Moving on, all kinds of virtualization and Cloud offerings from AWS and IBM Soft Layer are introduced and discussed in detail. Then, you’ll learn how to design IT infrastructures for new and existing applications with a combination of Cloud Foundation, vRealize Suite, and vSphere enabled with VSAN and NSX. Furthermore, you’ll learn how to design and configure high availability, disaster recovery, and apply an appropriate compliance matrix.
Toward the end of the book, you will learn how to calculate the TCO/ROI, along with the VMware products packaging and licensing in detail.
What you will learn
- Install and configure the Cloud foundation with Cross-Cloud services
- Configure vSphere high availability with the vCenter redundancy setup
- Architect and configure VMware with AWS Cloud
- Deploy VMware components in IBM Soft Layer
- Extend your DR setup with VMware to consume DRaaS
- Design and configure software-defined networking
- Implement compliance regulations to fix violations
Who This Book Is For
This book is for administrators, Cloud architects and network engineers who want to globalize their infrastructure using VMware and AWS services. An initial setup of workloads and data center is beneficial.
Table of Contents
- Learn How the Cross-Cloud Architecture provides Freedom and Control
- Implementing Service Architecture for Cross Cloud Services
- Transforming Datacenter – From Silos to Software Defined Services
- Designing Mixed Cloud Model with VMware
- Implementing Service Redundancy across All Layers
- Designing Software-Defined Storage Services
- VMware Cloud Assess, Design and Deploy Service
- Transforming your Network Architecture
- Dealing with Data Sovereignty
- Designing Effective Compliance Regulations to Fix Violations
- Lower TCO and Greater ROI with Maximum Agility
- VMware Pricing and Licensing in Cross Cloud Model
- The Economics of Cross Cloud Services
- Publisher:Packt Publishing
- Publication date:March 30, 2018
- Pages:504 pages