Build exciting 2D/3D games and virtual reality applications with the help of hands-on examples
- Create five different types of games from scratch with Unity 2018
- Import custom content into Unity from third-party tools such as Maya and Blender
- Learn to build NPCs with artificial intelligent behavior.
Unity is the most exciting and popular engine used for developing games. With its 2018 release, Unity has become the primary source of both game development and virtual reality content.
In Unity 2018 By Example, you’ll learn how to use Unity in order to make amazing games from popular genres – from action shooters to mind-bending puzzle games to adventure and Virtual Reality (VR) games. Even if you have no previous experience of using Unity, this book will help you understand the toolsets it provides in depth. In addition to this, you’ll understand how to create time-critical collection games, twin-stick space shooters, platformers, and action-fest games with intelligent enemies. Finally, you’ll get to grips with creating VR games with the new toolsets introduced by Unity to help you develop amazing VR experiences.
To make things easier, you will be provided with step-by-step tutorials for making five great games in Unity 2018, along with a detailed explanation of all the fundamental concepts. By the end of this book, you’ll have established a strong foundation in making games with Unity 2018.
What you will learn
- Understand core Unity concepts, such as game objects, components, and scenes
- Study level-design techniques for building immersive and interesting worlds
- Make functional games with C# scripting
- Use the toolset creatively to build games with different themes and styles
- Handle player controls and input functionality
- Work with terrains and world-creation tools
- Get to grips with making both 2D and 3D games
Who this book is for
You don’t need to have any previous experience with Unity to enjoy Unity 2018 By Example, although you need to have basic knowledge of C#.
Table of Contents
- Unity Fundamentals
- Creating A Collection Game
- Creating a Space Shooter
- Continuing the Space Shooter
- Creating a 2D Adventure Game
- Continuing the 2D Adventure
- Creating Artificial Intelligence
- Continuing with Intelligent Enemies
- Entering Virtual Reality
- Completing the VR Game
- Authors:Alan Thorn
- Publisher:Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication date:July 31, 2018
- Pages:484 pages