Create dynamic dashboards to perform interactive analytics for business intelligence operations
- Explore newly added features in Qlik Sense
- Discover best practices to work with data using Qlik Sense
- Learn to implement advanced functions for better data insight
Qlik Sense allows you to explore simple and complex data to reveal hidden insight and data relationships that help you make quality decisions for overall productivity. An expert Qlik Sense user can use its features for business intelligence in an enterprise environment effectively. Qlik Sense Cookbook is an excellent guide for all aspiring Qlik Sense developers and will empower you to create featured desktop applications to obtain daily insights at work.
This book takes you through the basics and advanced functions of Qlik Sense February 2018 release. You’ll start with a quick refresher on obtaining data from data files and databases, and move on to some more refined features including visualization, and scripting, as well as managing apps and user interfaces. You will then understand how to work with advanced functions like set analysis and set expressions. As you make your way through this book, you will uncover newly added features in Qlik Sense such as new visualizations, label expressions and colors for dimension and measures.
By the end of this book, you will have explored various visualization extensions to create your own interactive dashboard with the required tips and tricks. This will help you overcome challenging situations while developing your applications in Qlik Sense.
What you will learn
- Source, preview, and distribute your data through interactive dashboards
- Explore and work with the latest visualization functions
- Learn how to write and use script subroutines
- Make your UI advanced and intuitive with custom objects and indicators
- Use visualization extensions for your Qlik Sense dashboard
- Work with Aggr and learn to use it within set analysis
Who this book is for
Qlik Sense Cookbook is for data and BI analysts who want to become well versed with Qlik Sense to apply business intelligence in data. If you are a beginner in data analytics and want to adopt an independent recipe-based approach to learn the required concepts and services in detail, this book is ideal! Individuals with prior knowledge of its sister product, QlikView, will also benefit from this book. Familiarity with the basics of business intelligence is a prerequisite.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with the Data
- Managing Apps and User Interface
- Useful Functions
- Set Analysis
- Using Extensions in Qlik Sense®
- Advanced Aggregation with AGGR
- Tips and Tricks
- Authors:Pablo Labbe, Philip Hand, Neeraj Kharpate
- Publisher:Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication date:August 30, 2018
- Pages:334 pages