If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this book provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from iOS frameworks.
- Create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple screens of interface
- Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
- Access user libraries: music, photos, contacts, and calendar
- Explore additional topics, including files, networking, and threads
Stay up-to-date on iOS 12 innovations, such as User Notification framework improvements, as well as changes in Xcode 10 and Swift 4.2. All example code is available on GitHub for you to download, study, and run.
Want to brush up on the basics? Pick up iOS 12 Programming Fundamentals with Swift to learn about Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa. Together with Programming iOS 12, you’ll gain a solid, rigorous, and practical understanding of iOS 12 development.
- Authors:Matt Neuburg
- Publisher:O'Reilly Media
- Publication date:November 1, 2018
- Pages:1176 pages