You’ll learn how even a short TLA+ spec can find critical bugs. Start by getting your feet wet with an example of TLA+ used in a bank transfer system, to see how it helps you design, test, and build a better application. Then, get some fundamentals of TLA+ operators, logic, functions, PlusCal, models, and concurrency. Along the way you will discover how to organize your blueprints and how to specify distributed systems and eventual consistency.
- Read and write TLA+ specs
- Check specs for broken invariants, race conditions, and liveness bugs
- Design concurrency and distributed systems
- Learn how TLA+ can help you with your day-to-day production work
Those with programming experience who are new to design and to TLA+.
- Authors:Hillel Wayne
- Publication date:October 12, 2018
- Pages:248 pages