A complete guide on course development and delivery using Moodle 3.x
- Get the best out of the latest Moodle 3 framework to ensure successful learning
- Gain experience in creating different kinds of courses
- Create your first Moodle VR app using the Moodle VR toolset
Moodle is a learning platform or Course Management System (CMS) that is easy to install and use, but the real challenge is in developing a learning process that leverages its power and maps the learning objectives to content and assessments for an integrated and effective course. Moodle 3 E-Learning Course Development guides you through meeting that challenge in a practical way.
This latest edition will show you how to add static learning material, assessments, and social features such as forum-based instructional strategy, a chat module, and forums to your courses so that students reach their learning potential. Whether you want to support traditional class teaching or lecturing, or provide complete online and distance e-learning courses, this book will prove to be a powerful resource throughout your use of Moodle.
You’ll learn how to create and integrate third-party plugins and widgets in your Moodle app, implement site permissions and user accounts, and ensure the security of content and test papers. Further on, you’ll implement PHP scripts that will help you create customized UIs for your app. You’ll also understand how to create your first Moodle VR e-learning app using the latest VR learning experience that Moodle 3 has to offer.
By the end of this book, you will have explored the decisions, design considerations, and thought processes that go into developing a successful course.
What you will learn
- Know what Moodle does and how it supports your teaching strategies
- Install Moodle on your computer and navigate your way around it
- Understand all of Moodle’s learning features
- Monitor how learners interact with your site using site statistics
- Add multimedia content to your site
- Allow students to enroll themselves or invite other students to join a course
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who wants to get the best out of Moodle. As a beginner, this is a thorough guide for you to understand how the software works, with great ideas for getting off to a good start with your first course. Some experience of working with e-learning systems will be beneficial. Experienced Moodle users will find powerful insights into developing successful and educational courses.
Table of Contents
- A Guided Tour of Moodle
- Installing Moodle
- Configuring Your Site
- Creating Categories and Courses
- Resources, Activities, and Conditional Access
- Adding Resources
- Adding Assignments, Lessons, Feedback, and Choices
- Evaluating Students with Quizzes
- Getting Social with Chats and Forums
- Collaborating with Wikis and Glossaries
- Running a Workshop
- Groups and Cohorts
- Extending Your Course by Adding Blocks
- Features for Teachers
- Authors:Susan Smith Nash, William Rice
- Publisher:Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication date:May 30, 2018
- Pages:432 pages