This step-by-step guide will teach you to continuously improve your mobile application development process
- Efficiently deliver continuous integration and deployment within all the stages of your application’s lifecycle
- Learn to implement mobile DevOps with Xamarin and Visual Studio
- Deliver high quality and performing mobile applications
Today’s world is all about perfection, and there are hundreds of applications that are released each day out of which only a few succeed. Making sure that the app looks, performs, and behaves as expected is one of the biggest challenge developers face today.
The main goal of this book is to teach developers to implement DevOps to build, test, and deliver. This book will teach you to implement Mobile DevOps at every stage of your application’s lifecycle with Visual Studio and Xamarin Mobile Lifecycle solutions. Later, it will also show you how to leverage Mobile Center’s continuous integration and automated testing to develop a high-quality applications. Next, you’ll see how to mobilize your on-premises data to the cloud and increase your productivity with code reuse. Finally, you’ll discover how to find and fix bugs beforehand, improving the efficiency of your application while it is being developed.
By the end of this book, you will be well-versed with Mobile DevOps techniques, delivering high quality and high performance mobile apps.
What you will learn
- Become fluent with the basic components of Mobile Devops
- Find out how to use code repositories and install Git on an EC2 server and manage users and groups
- Set up an Android device for development and install Visual Studio and Xamarin on Windows
- Create an Android project and UI for applications
- Add permissions to Android Manifest
- Write tests with Xamarin. UI and test using test cloud to check it on multiple devices
- Monitor and optimize the application using the Android monitoring tool
- Debug the mobile application and improve its efficiency
Who This Book Is For
If you are a programmer and developer who wants to increase the efficiency and scalability of your mobile application with the implementation of DevOps, then this book is for you. You need basic experience of the application process development.
Table of Contents
- Working with Code Repository Systems
- Cross-Platform Mobile App Development with Xamarin
- Writing Your First Android Application with Xamarin
- Implementing Automatic Testing Using Xamarin
- Configuring TeamCity for CI/CD with Xamarin
- CI/CD for Android with Visual Studio Team Services
- Deploying Applications on AWS
- Monitoring and Optimizing Application
- Debugging the Application
- Case Studies
- Authors:Rohin Tak, Jhalak Modi
- Publisher:Packt Publishing
- Publication date:March 29, 2018
- Pages:376 pages