- If you want to learn the advanced-level core concepts of Rust, then this book is the one for you!
- Through this book, you will appreciate some of the unique features of Rust such as coding in expressive type systems, mutability, ownership
- After reading this book, you will be able to migrate your legacy C or C++ application to a Rust environment
Book DescriptionIf concurrent programs are giving you sleepless nights, Rust is your go-to language. Filled with real-world examples and explanations, this book will show you how you can build scalable and reliable programs for your organization.
We’ll teach you big level concepts that make Rust a great language. Improving performance, using generics, building macros, and working with threads are just some of the topics we’ll cover. We’ll talk about the official toolsets and ways to discover more. The book contains a mix of theory interspersed with hands-on tasks so you acquire the skills as well as the knowledge. Since programming cannot be learned by just reading, we provide exercises (and solutions) to hammer the concepts in.
After reading this book, you will be able to implement Rust for your enterprise project, deploy the software, and will know the best practices of coding in Rust.
What you will learn
- Implement unit testing patterns with the standard Rust tools
- Get to know the different philosophies of error handling and how to use them wisely
- Appreciate Rust’s ability to solve memory allocation problems safely without garbage collection
- Get to know how concurrency works in Rust and use concurrency primitives such as threads and message passing
- Use syntax extensions and write your own
- Create a Web API with Iron
- Use Diesel to build safe database abstractions
- Publisher:Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication date:May 30, 2017
- Pages:354 pages