Create an interactive online store and customize it further using Magento
- Straightforward guide to developing with Magento
- Examples of different types of extension
- Customize the Magento storefront and admin areas
Magento is an open source, enterprise-level e-commerce platform with unlimited scope for customization. This makes it a great choice not only for vendors, but for developers as well.
This book guides you through Magento development, teaching you how to develop modules that extend or change its functionality, leading to more flexible and proftable Magento stores. You start with a structural overview of the key Magento development components.
You will learn where things such as plugins, events, models, controllers, layouts, and UI components ft into the development landscape. You will go through examples of using these components to extend Magento. As you progress, you will be building a diverse series of small but practical Magento modules.
By the end of this book, you will not only have a solid foundation in the Magento development architecture; you will also have practical experience of developing modules to customize and extend Magento stores.
What you will learn
- Develop a simple shipping module
- Build admin interfaces with the built-in form and listing UI components
- Accommodate vendor needs by adding new catalog-related features
- Develop your way to a better checkout
- Improve customer interaction with new customer-related extensions
- Create new web APIs to make your modules more extensible
Who this book is for
This book is for competent PHP developers, with only basic knowledge of the Magento platform required.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Magento Architecture
- Working with Entities
- Understanding Web APIs
- Building and Distributing Extensions
- Developing for Admin
- Developing for Storefront
- Customizing Catalog Behaviour
- Customizing Checkout Experiences
- Customizing Customer Interactions
- Authors:Branko Ajzele
- Publisher:Packt Publishing
- Publication date:September 21, 2018
- Pages:218 pages