Develop your first interactive 2D and 3D platform game by learning the fundamentals of C#
- Learn the fundamentals of C# 7 scripting to develop GameObjects and master the basics of the new UI system in Unity 2017
- Build and develop your 2D game right from scratch and extend it to 3D while implementing the principles of object-oriented programming and coding in C# 7
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of optimizing your game using the latest features of Unity 2017
Do you want to learn C# programming by creating fun and interactive games using the latest Unity 2017 platform? If so, look no further; this is the right book for you. Get started with programming C# so you can create 2D and 3D games in Unity. We will walk you through the basics to get you started with C# 7 and its latest features. Then, explore the use of C# 7 and its latest functional programming capabilities to create amazing games with Unity 2017.
You will create your first C# script for Unity, add objects into it, and learn how to create game elements with it. Work with the latest functional programming features of C# and leverage them for great game scripting.
Throughout the book, you will learn to use the new Unity 2017 2D tool set and create an interactive 2D game with it. You will make enemies appear to challenge your player, and discover some optimization techniques for great game performance. At the end, you will learn how to transform a 2D game into 3D, and you will be able to skill up to become a pro C# programmer with Unity 2017!
What you will learn
- Create your first 2D and 3D games in Unity
- Understand the fundamentals of variables, methods, and code syntax in C#
- Use loops and collections efficiently in Unity to reduce the amount of code
- Develop a game using object-oriented programming principles
- Implement simple enemy characters into the game to learn point-to-point movement and Tree behaviors
- Avoid performance mistakes by implementing different optimization techniques
- Export 3D models and animations and import them inside a Unity project
Who This Book Is For
This book is for game developers and enthusiasts who want to get started with game development with Unity 2017. No prior experience of C# is required.
Table of Contents
- Discovering Your Hidden Scripting Skills and Getting Your Environment Ready
- Introducing the Building Blocks for Unity Scripts
- Getting into the Details of Variables
- Getting into the Details of Methods
- Lists, Arrays, and Dictionaries
- Object, a Container with Variables and Methods
- Let’s Make a Game! – From Idea to Development
- Starting Your First Game
- Writing GameManager
- The Game Level
- The User Interface
- Authors:Micael DaGraca
- Publisher:Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication date:December 26, 2017
- Pages:290 pages