- Start developing immersive and interactive apps for Microsoft HoloLens
- Explore the Windows Universal Development platform for HoloLens development
- Leverage the full set of HoloLens sensors to create mesmerizing apps
HoloLens revolutionizes the way we work and interact with the virtual world. HoloLens brings you the amazing world of augmented reality and provides an opportunity to explore it like never before.
This is the best book for developers who want to start creating interactive and intuitive augmented reality apps for the HoloLens platform.
You will start with a walkthrough of the HoloLens hardware before creating your first app. Next you will be introduced to the various HoloLens sensors and find out how to program them efficiently so that they can interact with the real world seamlessly. Moving on, you will learn how to create smart animations and add video overlay that implements real-time tracking and motion-sensing abilities to your HoloLens app. Finally, you will learn how to test your app effectively.
What you will learn
- Write an app that responds to verbal commands
- Communicate between devices in the boundaries of the UWP model
- Create sounds in the app and place them in a 3D space
- Build simple apps that display holograms
- Interact with the physical environment while taking physical boundaries into account
About the Author
Jason Odom is a game developer with nearly 20 years of experience working on titles for companies such as Activision and Take 2 Interactive, along with years of game development teaching and mentoring
- Authors:Jason Odom
- Publisher:Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication date:April 28, 2017
- Pages:376 pages