Learn to build, secure, deploy, and manage your serverless application in Golang with AWS Lambda
- Implement AWS lambda to build scalable and cost-efficient applications in Go
- Design and set the data flow between cloud services and custom business logic
- Learn to design Lambda functions using real-world examples and implementation scenarios
Serverless architecture is popular in the tech community due to AWS Lambda. Go is simple to learn, straightforward to work with, and easy to read for other developers; and now it’s been heralded as a supported language for AWS Lambda. This book is your optimal guide to designing a Go serverless application and deploying it to Lambda.
This book starts with a quick introduction to the world of serverless architecture and its benefits, and then delves into AWS Lambda using practical examples. You’ll then learn how to design and build a production-ready application in Go using AWS serverless services with zero upfront infrastructure investment. The book will help you learn how to scale up serverless applications and handle distributed serverless systems in production. You will also learn how to log and test your application.
Along the way, you’ll also discover how to set up a CI/CD pipeline to automate the deployment process of your Lambda functions. Moreover, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot and monitor your apps in near real-time with services such as AWS CloudWatch and X-ray. This book will also teach you how to secure the access with AWS Cognito.
By the end of this book, you will have mastered designing, building, and deploying a Go serverless application.
What you will learn
- Understand how AWS Lambda works and use it to create an application
- Understand how to scaleup serverless applications
- Design a cost-effective serverless application in AWS
- Build a highly scalable and fault-tolerant CI/CD pipeline
- Understand how to troubleshoot and monitor serverless apps in AWS
- Discover the working of APIs and single page applications
- Build a production-ready serverless application in Go
Who this book is for
This book is for Go developers who would like to learn about serverless architecture. Go programming knowledge is assumed. DevOps and Solution Architects who are interested in building serverless applications in Go can also choose this book.
Table of Contents
- Go Serverless
- Getting Started with AWS Lambda
- Developing a Serverless Function with Lambda
- Setting up API Endpoints with API Gateway
- Managing Data Persistence with DynamoDB
- Deploying Your Serverless Application
- Implementing a CI/CD Pipeline
- Scaling Up Your Application
- Building the Frontend with S3
- Testing Your Serverless Application
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Securing Your Serverless Application
- Designing Cost-Effective Application
- Infrastructure as Code
- Authors:Mohamed Labouardy
- Publisher:Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication date:August 29, 2018
- Pages:416 pages