Use Vagrant to easily build complete development environments
- Implement DevOps with Vagrant effectively
- Integrate Vagrant with different tools such as Puppet, Chef, and Docker
- Manage infrastructure with a practical approach
Hands-On DevOps with Vagrant teaches you how to use Vagrant as a powerful DevOps tool and gives an overview of how it fits into the DevOps landscape. You will learn how to install VirtualBox and Vagrant in Windows, macOS, and Linux. You will then move on to understanding Vagrant commands, discovering its boxes and Vagrant Cloud.
After getting to grips with the basics, the next set of chapters helps you to understand how to configure Vagrant, along with networking. You will explore multimachine, followed by studying how to create multiple environments and the communication between them. In addition to this, you will cover concepts such as Vagrant plugins and file syncing.
The last set of chapters provides insights into provisioning shell scripts, also guiding you in how to use Vagrant with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Docker, Puppet, and Salt.
By the end of this book, you will have grasped Vagrant’s features and how to use them for your benefit with the help of tips and tricks.
What you will learn
- Explore what development features Vagrant offers
- Install Vagrant and VirtualBox on Windows, macOS and Linux
- Harness the power of Vagrant to create powerful development environments
- Utilize DevOps tools such as Docker, Chef, and Puppet
- Understand everything about Vagrant, including networking, plugins, and provisioning
- Use the Vagrant Cloud to install and manage Vagrant boxes
Who this book is for
Hands-On DevOps with Vagrant is for you if you are a system administrator, DevOps engineer, DevOps architect, or any stakeholder working with DevOps and wanting to explore Vagrant. Experience in system administration is needed to enjoy this book.
Table of Contents
- Installing VirtualBox and Vagrant
- Command Line-Interface – Vagrant Commands
- Discovering Vagrant boxes – Vagrant Cloud
- Configuring Vagrant Using a Vagrantfile
- Networking in Vagrant
- Exploring Vagrant Plugins and Syncing Files
- Shell Scripts – Provisioning
- Ansible – Using Ansible to Provision a Vagrant Box
- Chef – Using Chef to Provision a Vagrant Box
- Docker – Using Docker with Vagrant
- Puppet – Using Puppet to Provision a Vagrant Box
- Salt – Using Salt to Provision a Vagrant Box
- Authors:Alex Braunton
- Publisher:Packt Publishing
- Publication date:October 17, 2018
- Pages:232 pages