Make your searches more responsive and smarter by applying Artificial Intelligence to it
- Enter the world of Artificial Intelligence with solid concepts and real-world use cases
- Make your applications intelligent using AI in your day-to-day apps and become a smart developer
- Design and implement artificial intelligence in searches
With the emergence of big data and modern technologies, AI has acquired a lot of relevance in many domains. The increase in demand for automation has generated many applications for AI in fields such as robotics, predictive analytics, finance, and more.
In this book, you will understand what artificial intelligence is. It explains in detail basic search methods: Depth-First Search (DFS), Breadth-First Search (BFS), and A* Search, which can be used to make intelligent decisions when the initial state, end state, and possible actions are known. Random solutions or greedy solutions can be found for such problems. But these are not optimal in either space or time and efficient approaches in time and space will be explored. We will also understand how to formulate a problem, which involves looking at it and identifying its initial state, goal state, and the actions that are possible in each state. We also need to understand the data structures involved while implementing these search algorithms as they form the basis of search exploration. Finally, we will look into what a heuristic is as this decides the quality of one sub-solution over another and helps you decide which step to take.
What you will learn
- Understand the instances where searches can be used
- Understand the algorithms that can be used to make decisions more intelligent
- Formulate a problem by specifying its initial state, goal state, and actions
- Translate the concepts of the selected search algorithm into code
- Compare how basic search algorithms will perform for the application
- Implement algorithmic programming using code examples
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who are keen to get started with Artificial Intelligence and develop practical AI-based applications. Those developers who want to upgrade their normal applications to smart and intelligent versions will find this book useful. A basic knowledge and understanding of Python are assumed.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Depth-First Search Algorithm
- Understanding the Breadth-First Search Algorithm
- Understanding the Heuristic Search Algorithm
- Authors:Devangini Patel
- Publisher:Packt Publishing
- Publication date:August 30, 2018
- Pages:124 pages