Discover the world of Full Stack Development with real-world examples.
- Leverage the full power of the JHipster platform to build complex web applications
- Create microservices from scratch and convert JHipster monolith apps into microservices
- Build and deploy applications locally, in Docker and on various cloud platforms.
JHipster is a development platform to generate, develop, and deploy Spring Boot and Angular/React applications and Spring microservices. It provides you with a variety of tools that will help you quickly build modern web applications. This book will be your guide to building full stack applications with Spring and Angular using the JHipster tool set.
You will begin by understanding what JHipster is and the various tools and technologies associated with it. You will learn the essentials of a full stack developer before getting hands-on and building a monolithic web application with JHipster. From here you will learn the JHipster Domain Language with entity modeling and entity creation using JDL and JDL studio. Moving on, you will be introduced to client side technologies such as Angular and Bootstrap and will delve into technologies such as Spring Security, Spring MVC, and Spring Data. You will learn to build and package apps for production with various deployment options such as Heroku and more. During the course of the book, you will be introduced to microservice server-side technologies and how to break your monolithic application with a database of your choice. Next, the book takes you through cloud deployment with microservices on Docker and Kubernetes. Going forward, you will learn to build your client side with React and master JHipster best practices.
By the end of the book, you will be able to leverage the power of the best tools available to build modern web applications.
What you will learn
- Build business logic by creating and developing entity models us the JHipster Domain Language
- Customize web applications with Angular, Bootstrap and Spring
- Tests and Continuous Integration with Jenkins
- Utilize the JHipster microservice stack, which includes Netflix Eureka, Spring Cloud config, HashiCorp Consul, and so on.
- Understand advanced microservice concepts such as API rout, load balancing, rate limit, circuit break, centralized configuration server, JWT authentication, and more
- Run microservices locally using Docker and Kubernetes (in production)
Who This Book Is For
This book will appeal to developers who would like to build modern web applications quickly. A basic knowledge of the Spring ecosystem would be an added advantage.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to full stack web application development
- Getting started with JHipster
- Building monolithic web applications with JHipster
- Entity modeling with JHipster domain language
- Customization & further development with Angular, Bootstrap and Spring
- Testing and continuous integration of generated application
- Going to production
- Introduction to Microservice server side technologies
- Building microservices with JHipster
- Working with microservices
- Deploying with Docker-compose
- Deploy to cloud with Kubernetes
- Using React for client side
- Best practices with JHipster
- Publisher:Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Publication date:March 23, 2018
- Pages:380 pages