Front-End Tooling with Gulp, Bower, and Yeoman teaches you how to use and combine these popular tools to set up a customized development workflow from start to finish.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
In large web dev projects, productivity is all about workflow. Great workflow requires tools like Gulp, Bower, and Yeoman that can help you automate the design-build-deploy pipeline. Together, the Yeoman scaffolding tool, Bower dependency manager, and Gulp automation build system radically shorten the time it takes to release web applications.
About the Book
Front-End Tooling with Gulp, Bower, and Yeoman teaches you how to set up an automated development workflow. You’ll start by understanding the big picture of the development process. Then, using patterns and examples, this in-depth book guides you through building a product delivery pipeline using Gulp, Bower, and Yeoman. When you’re done, you’ll have an intimate understanding of the web development process and the skills you need to create a powerful, customized workflow using these best-of-breed tools.
- Mastering web dev workflow patterns
- Automating the product delivery pipeline
- Creating custom workflows
About the Reader
About the Author
Stefan Baumgartner has led front-end teams working across a wide range of development styles and application domains.
Table of Contents
PART 1 – A MODERN WORKFLOW FOR WEB APPLICATIONS
- Tooling in a modern front-end workflow
- Getting started with Gulp
- A Gulp setup for local development
- Dependency management with Bower
- Scaffolding with Yeoman
- Gulp for different environments
- Working with streams
- Extending Gulp
- Creating modules and Bower components
- Advanced Yeoman generators
PART 2 – INTEGRATING AND EXTENDING THE PLATFORM
- Authors:Stefan Baumgartner
- Publisher:Manning Publications
- Publication date:December 16, 2016
- Pages:240 pages