Swift greatly simplifies the process of developing applications for Apple devices. This book provides you with the essential skills to help you get started with developing applications using Swift.
- Teaches you how to correctly structure and architect software using Swift
- Uses real-world examples to connect the theory to a professional setting
- Imparts expertise in the core Swift standard library
Take your first foray into programming for Apple devices with Swift.Swift is fundamentally different from Objective-C, as it is a protocol-oriented language. While you can still write normal object-oriented code in Swift, it requires a new way of thinking to take advantage of its powerful features and a solid understanding of the basics to become productive.
What you will learn
- Explore the fundamental Swift programming concepts, language structure, and the Swift programming syntax
- Learn how Swift compares to other computer languages and how to transform your thinking to leverage new concepts such as optionals and protocols
- Master how to use key language elements, such as strings and collections
- Grasp how Swift supports modern application development using advanced features, such as built-in Unicode support and higher-order functions
Who this book is for
If you are seeking fundamental Swift programming skills, in preparation for learning to develop native applications for iOS or macOS, this book is the best for you. You don’t need to have any prior Swift knowledge; however, object-oriented programming experience is desired.
Table of Contents
- Swift Basics
- Swift Operators and Control Flow
- Functions, Classes, and Structs
- Functional Programming and Lazy Operations
- Publisher:Packt Publishing
- Publication date:May 31, 2018
- Pages:202 pages